E- Learning

Investigate,Stimulate, Activate and Communicate

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Teresa Anderson, a Professional Communications student at Central Queensland University in Mackay. I am definitely a technology immigrant and am excited about entering into a new world of learning and communicating through e-learning. Information technology is dramatically changing the way we communicate, learn and interact. Being able to keep up with these technologies is an important part of my professional and personal development and I look forward to the challenge.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Moving on with the Smart Board

Smart Board e.learning technology is fast replacing the the white board methods of information display. Current research is showing very positive responses from teachers and students who have experiences lessons using the Interactive white boards in classrooms. When students are engaged and stimulated by interactive technology, enthusiasm to learn is increased giving better learning outcomes. The vast array of audio /visual functions and touch screen capabilities that the White Board presents to teaching and learning environments allows for the different learning preferences and varying skills and abilities that individual students posess,engaging them in an inclusive learning environment.The Interactive white board as a communication tool, is being increasingly utilized in boardrooms, offices and professional and public forums also. I have yet to personally experience the White Board technology, but I hope that my children will enjoy learning experiences with them in the near future and possiblly myself also in a communication profession.

1 comment:

  1. I have had some experience with an interactive white board and I really only touched the surface of its capabilities. The students were engaged and motivated in the lessons. I believe a class room without a smart board is at a disadvantage. I too hope they become an expectation in all schools just like computers are now. Bye Bye black board.

    ReplyDelete